At Element Markets, we are passionate about making an impact in a decarbonizing economy and helping our clients do well by doing good. As leaders in our space and with recent backing by one of the largest private equity firms in the world, we’re growing our team and seeking talented individuals with leadership ambitions, entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for problem-solving and client service. If you are a high-energy team player striving for excellence on the job, dedicated to success, and looking for a challenge, Element Markets is interested in hearing from you. Applicants with unconventional backgrounds and experience are welcome. In return for your commitment and hard work, we offer a highly competitive salary, good benefits, and an enriching work environment that provides ample opportunities for learning and career advancement in a fast-growing industry.
The settlements team is the main interface between origination, operations, and accounting, responsible for managing asset inventories, transfers, and retirements.
- Transfer and retire carbon and emissions credits on time per contracts
- Maintain and relay inventory status for all carbon and emissions credits
- Invoice and verify payments for all sales and purchases of credits
- Ensure accounting platform (NetSuite) is up to date on all data regarding transfers, sales, and purchases of credits
- Liaise with the accounting team to ensure that all transfer of data is accurate and correct
- Familiarity with common accounting practices
- Experience with a programming language (such as VBA, python, c-sharp, c++)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Demonstrated analytical process thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent attention to detail skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Houston area
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the job for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.