ABOUT ELEMENT MARKETS
Founded in 2005, Element Markets is a leading renewable natural gas and environmental commodities marketing company. Utilizing the expansive environmental expertise of its personnel, Element Markets provides structured environmental compliance and optimization solutions to prominent corporate and institutional clients across federal, state and regional emissions, carbon, renewable natural gas and renewable fuel credit markets. The company has accumulated numerous accolades for excellence in its industries, including being named “Emissions House of the Year” by Energy Risk Magazine in 2010, 2014 and 2018. In addition to its breadth of excellence, the company also sets itself apart from its competitors by exemplifying an unwavering commitment to sustainability, integrity, versatility and ingenuity.
Over the past four years, Element Markets experienced explosive growth. While the current operations team ensured the company’s books and records remained in good order and that all prior year audits were completed without issue during this period, it is time for the company to establish and implement a robust financial and risk management infrastructure. Additionally, the company is now positioned to evaluate and execute mergers and acquisitions in furtherance of its strategic goals.
Element Markets is currently seeking a CFO to join its successful senior executive team to manage the company’s finance function. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for supporting the company’s corporate culture and sustaining a work environment centered upon cooperation, openness, communication and mutual respect.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will lead all aspects of financial management of the company, including establishing and maintaining the necessary financial processes, practices and functions.
The CFO will work closely with the other senior executives, the broader management team and the staff within his or her own function to achieve revenue, cash flow, profitability and growth targets.
Key areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Develop a strong and credible relationship with the CEO and other senior corporate executives and operating personnel.
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team, helping to develop the strategy and direction of the company with a focus on developing the right side of the balance sheet by implementing and executing the financial tactical decisions.
- Approach tasks with creativity and a strategic outlook.
- Develop a solid relationship with the leadership team based on demonstrated financial and accounting competence and knowledge of the company’s business, plans, and performance; be prepared to discuss ongoing performance and special projects.
- Ensure timely delivery of financial and management reporting as well as high-quality business planning, tax planning, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Direct and monitor the performance of disclosure controls and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist executives in performing their responsibilities and achieving financial objectives.
- Make “analytically driven” decisions and quickly identify key problems and opportunities.
- Previous experience as a senior executive in a commodities trading or supply-chain environment.
- Understanding of energy commodity markets and the ability to understand the implications of market movements.
- Strong personal leadership qualities; a track record of leadership, development, and motivation as it relates to the finance organization.
- Outstanding intellectual ability with judgment that reflects reasoned and creative business views, including ability to lead M&A efforts.
- Strong belief in open communication and an environment that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, simply, and convincingly, particularly conveying the the financial implications of operational and strategic decisions.
- A well-organized, practical, direct, disciplined, persistent, and persuasive individual with the ability to identify/focus on key issues, prioritize efforts, and ensure follow up with timely/quality results.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls.
- Proven financial acumen with knowledge of accounting, internal controls, tax, risk management, capital formation and strategy.
- The executive will be a broad-based business executive with excellent business advisory and communication skills who can work effectively within the organization.
BBA/BS Finance or Accounting degree; MBA also strongly desired. CPA/CA/CFA certification preferred
The job will be based in Houston, TX at Element Markets’ headquarters.